Gosport Mens Dart League
Tonight the pairs will be at The Queens Club, register by 7:45.
Unfortunately Chris cannot make tonight due to unforseen circumstances. He will deliver trophies this week to the relevant clubs and pubs.
Any away team can provide their own checker for the matches IAW the rule below. This would then ensure a fair representation of the scores are applied.
5.3 The home team must provide a Scorer, each score to be written down and deducted, and scoreboards to be in a prominent position. The away team should provide a checker, who is to call the score and ensure the scorer has deducted the correct total
Last night was the Pairs competition at The Carisbrooke. 46 players took part in what was as always a competitive evening that included many 100+ shot outs and 180s. Kev Wilkins even hit two in the same leg.
Losing quarter finalists were: S West and L Chappell, P Winter and T Moore, A Wright and S Jannaway, G Lewry and C McCutcheon.
Losing semi finalists were S Phipps and R Livinstone, R Butler and T Butler.
This left P Smith and K Wilkins, summer season pairs winners against P Sharp and K Woodward.
The final was best of seven and despite some high scoring in the fist couple of legs it it was doubles that as always were crucial and Shippy and Kev took advantage and went into a 2-0 lead. Paul and Kev then hit to 2-1. However Shippy and Kev then stepped up and took the next two legs, although Paul and Kev were with them throughout. Final score 4-1 and winter pairs winners were Shippy and Kev.
Thank you to The Craibrooke for hosting and the food, thanks to Chris Pyle for running the competition and Paul and Jeff for their assistance.
With the new season starting tomorrow, here is a recap of changes VOTED for by those present at the AGM:
The online rules will be amended in due course.
1. There will be NO presentation night due to poor attendance at the last two winter presentations. Details for trophies to be announced soon.
2. Walkovers will now be set at a 7-2 win.
3. The pairs ruling from last season has been revised and is as follows: The player drawn first for the pairs team will throw for the bull and also throw first in all legs played.
4. Any player refusing to play despite being present and without good reason will be awarded a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behavior
5. Players are to ensure that they are sufficient distance away from the throwing player , also sportsmanlike behavior.
6. Some teams are struggling to complete their match on time. Therefore it is important that all matches start on time unless communication between the two captains has agreed when a team will arrive. Matches are now advised to start before 8:45pm and not 9pm ( common sense must prevail between the captains)
All results are to be in no later than the Wednesday after the game. We have a number ways of getting these results in.
1. Use the website and report the result via the match report link in the fixtures
2. E-mail (you have Rob and Jeffs on the website contacts)
3. Text ( Jeff 07427684969).
4. Drop the result sheet in to pub.
All score cards to be handed into the Foresters Arms by no later than midday the following Monday. It is the responsibility of the winning Captain to ensure this takes place. It will be the winning team who would lose the points as the match will become void, so it is in your own interest.
Any team that cannot fulfill there fixture MUST contact the opposing pub no later than 20:15 on the night of the game.
If the game is cancelled after this time the team that cancels must pay the opposing pub £10 to cover the cost of the food they would have prepared.