Gosport Mens Dart League
Last night 42 players took part in the GMDL Threes competition with many supporters watching. The format being singles, pairs and if needed triples.
Some high quality matches throughout the evening including a 12 dart leg by Nick Pateman.
Losing semi finalists were J Robinson, P Smith and S West from the Foresters and P Betsworth, D Robinson and K Woodward from the Queens Club.
The final was between S Phipps, P Winter and T Moore from the DoC and L Evans, A Wright and S Jannaway from the Carisbrooke.
The singles was between Tony and Steve and went all three legs, the last two both being 17 dart legs. The winner was Steve.
The pairs between Lee and Ady against Steve and Paul was a close match with some very high scoring and despite being close Lee and Ady sealed the win with Lee hitting double top.
Thank you to Scouse for running the competition, the Queens club for hosting and to those who provided the food.
With the new season starting tomorrow, here is a recap of changes VOTED for by those present at the AGM:
The online rules will be amended in due course.
1. There will be NO presentation night due to poor attendance at the last two winter presentations. Details for trophies to be announced soon.
2. Walkovers will now be set at a 7-2 win.
3. The pairs ruling from last season has been revised and is as follows: The player drawn first for the pairs team will throw for the bull and also throw first in all legs played.
4. Any player refusing to play despite being present and without good reason will be awarded a yellow card for unsportsmanlike behavior
5. Players are to ensure that they are sufficient distance away from the throwing player , also sportsmanlike behavior.
6. Some teams are struggling to complete their match on time. Therefore it is important that all matches start on time unless communication between the two captains has agreed when a team will arrive. Matches are now advised to start before 8:45pm and not 9pm ( common sense must prevail between the captains)
It has become apparent that results are not being submitted on time or the sheets handed in by the following Monday, In some cases both. Therefore no points for the winning teams no matter how many times you attempt to submit the score.
The following is from the league rules in regards to matches starting.
6.6 One member of the team is to be present by 8.30pm, thus allowing the draw to take place.
Matches are to start at 8.45pm.
If a team is late and have not contacted the opposition to inform them of this, they will forfeit one game every 5 minutes until 9pm when the match will be
It is recommended that Division 1 matches commence earlier due to the best of 5 singles format
Common sense is also to prevail in regards to teams who have valid late reasons and have contacted the other team.
Team captains are to ensure they are aware of the rules for submitting results and result sheets.
All results are to be in no later than the Wednesday after the game. We have a number ways of getting these results in.
1. Use the website and report the result via the match report link in the fixtures
2. E-mail (you have Rob and Jeffs on the website contacts)
3. Text ( Jeff 07427684969).
4. Drop the result sheet in to pub.
All score cards to be handed into the Foresters Arms by no later than midday the following Monday. It is the responsibility of the winning Captain to ensure this takes place. It will be the winning team who would lose the points as the match will become void, so it is in your own interest.
Any team that cannot fulfill there fixture MUST contact the opposing pub no later than 20:15 on the night of the game.
If the game is cancelled after this time the team that cancels must pay the opposing pub £10 to cover the cost of the food they would have prepared.